PADI Tec 40
The PADI Tec 40 course is where you transition from recreational scuba diving to technical diving. It is a great place to start because it is the first subdivision of the full PADI Tec Diver course and bridges the gap between no stop diving and full technical deep decompression diving. You gain experience and begin building the knowledge and skills you need to continue your tec diver training. You will qualify to make limited decompression dives to 40 metres. To enroll in the Tec 40 course, you must be:
- A PADI Advanced Open Water Diver
- A PADI Enriched Air Diver with at least 10 dives using enriched air deeper than 18 metres
- A PADI Deep Diver or proof of at least 10 dives to 30 metres
- At least 18 years old and have a minimum of 30 logged dives
- You also need to have a Medical Statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months.
Note that qualifying certifications from other diver training organisations may apply – ask your Rec2Tec Diving PADI Tec Deep Instructor.