Night diving is normally a weekly feature of the Rec2Tec Diving Community Dive calendar, be it the late night openings at Wraysbury Dive Centre and/or at Stoney Cove. But why do we enjoy a night diving so much, what is that appeals to us about night diving:
- Natural curiosity – a safe and controlled glimpse of the night time aquatic environment
- A chance to observe nocturnal aquatic animals seldom seen during the day
- A new look at dive sites – night diving creates a different perspective and offers new adventure
- A chance to view the “true” colours of an environment – at night you will be using your dive light at close range
- Extends diving opportunities – the after-work dive is possible
Many Rec2Tec Divers only need one or two of these reasons to encourage them to go for a night dive. Having completed the PADI Night Diver course and with the appropriate equipment – adventure and discovery await beneath the stars.