- This event has passed.
Rec2Tec Diving – PADI DSMB
10 August 2019 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
As you start to venture further afield with your diving, you will quickly learn the importance of alerting people on the surface to your position underwater. A delayed Surface Marker Buoy (DSMB or SMB) is an essential piece of equipment for any diver – Whether you need to summon the boat to pick you up after a dive, find a missing buddy, ascend without a fixed reference line, warn off boat traffic or even request extra cylinders.
This course will teach you how to easily, safely and reliably deploy a DSMB; giving you the peace of mind that you are comfortable using this essential (though initially daunting) piece of equipment whenever you may need to.
Upon completing the Surface Marker Buoy Speciality, you will be able to understand:
• The various uses of a SMB or DSMB
• The differences between each type and colour of marker buoy
• The advantages and disadvantages of various types of reels
• Deployment of a DSMB from underwater
• Considerations of deployment location based on hazards and current conditions
• Preparation of equipment before and after deployment
The course will cost £130 per diver, plus entrance to Wraysbury and any diving gas required. To book your place, please email: email@example.com